Saturday, June 22, 2013

Implementation 1

Mr. Winkles Awakes is a great video. All teachers should see this.  Ours schools are changing. But Technology is changing faster.  We need to keep up with technology and engage our students.  We don't want to be like the school in the video, the same as it was 100 years ago. 

I went onto iTunes U.  I didn't really think that I would find a lot that I could use with my young students.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a whole group of videos on using the app iMovie on the iPad.  I use iMovie a lot with my students.  They use this app on their ipod touches to make reports and movies.  I know that the app is a little different on the iPod so I was really interested in learning how to use iMovie on the iPad.  It was really informative and full of great tips. 

I really enjoyed watching the video by Marco Torres and Donal Henderson.  It really reminded me of the first video I watched, Mr. Winkles Awakes.  They added humor with facts.  Education hasn't changed much over the years. I really like the idea of students learning skills that they use in the work force.   They stated that  companies want workers that are thinkers.  Isn't that what we want our students to become?  I really hope that I can teach my students not just what the answer to problems are but how to solve problems.  Technology can do that.  Children are able to become creative thinkers if are able to incorporate technology along with our daily learning.  I guess that is why I enjoyed  the iTunes video on iMovie and ipads.  I was getting so many ideas on using it with many different subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment